Most people start off the new year with resolutions to lose weight, save money, or reach new goals. Have you added career goals to your 2020 resolutions? To start building and improving your job prospects this year, check out these course offerings!
Those seeking NDT certification have a variety of nondestructive testing course options to choose from to gain knowledge and experience in the NDT field:
- Ultrasonic Testing Level I- UT I: In this course, technicians will learn the basics of Theory of Ultrasonic Testing, fundamentals of piezoelectric crystals and the sound they produce, how sound reacts to discontinuities, the fundamentals of Reflection and Attenuation, Calibration of various search units, as well as Longitudinal Wave (Straight beam) Inspections for discontinuities and wall thickness measurements.
- Ultrasonic Testing Level II- UT: Over 40 hours, certification candidates will learn advanced ultrasonic inspection theories, beam profile, near and far zones, sound characteristics and mode conversion, shear wave (Angle Beam) inspection techniques and calibration, flaw sizing, testing and evaluation of material samples.
- Liquid Penetrant Testing Level I and II- PT 1/ 2: This course teaches technicians theory of liquid penetrant testing, equipment and type of penetrant combinations, types of discontinuities found via PT, testing preparation, testing, evaluation and reporting over 16 hours.
- Magnetic Particle Testing Level I and II- MT 1/ 2 : Technicians will learn theory of magnetic principles including magnetic fields, flux leakage, magnetic process, demagnetization and basic principles, use of MT techniques in industry, methods of magnetic particle Inspection, test preparation, testing process, and evaluation and reporting. Magnetic particle testing is an industry oriented course.
- Visual Inspection Level I and II- MT 1/ 2: This course teaches theory of visual inspection and the mechanics of the human eye, proper illumination, various discontinuities that may be encountered, visual tools, gauges and measuring devices, advanced VT devices.
These hands-on courses offer the essential necessary for taking the steps entering into an exciting new career. Classes fill up quickly-- sign up today!
Levels of Certification
Different methods of nondestructive testing and NDT positions may require the following levels of certification:
- Level I Limited
- Level I
- Level II
- Level III
At each level, technicians are trained to handle increasingly complex tasks and responsibilities are expanded to include supervisory and training positions.
At any level, continuing your NDT education is vital for staying up-to-date on issues with compliance, emerging technologies, and developing health and safety regulations.
Each of the courses offered through TXNDT will ensure that technicians leave training with the knowledge and hands-on experience necessary to enter the nondestructive testing field with confidence.
At TXNDT we are committed to ensuring that all technicians that receive certification through our program leave as seasoned professionals with ample hands-on experience, guided by the best minds in the business.
From introductory NDT courses to NDT level 3 certification, we ensure that personnel are qualified and equipped to best serve their job functions and stay aware of any and all compliance needs and specifications.
If you or your staff are looking for ways to expand your skills and broaden your career opportunities through nondestructive testing courses, register for 2020 courses here before spots fill up!
For any questions, give us a call today at (281) 231-0001 or check out our website for more information.